David C. Johnson
Principal | Managing Broker
David is the Managing Broker for NAI G2 Commercial Real Estate. His commercial real estate career began with a career change in 1996; David is also a registered architect. As NAI G2’s Qualifying Broker, his responsibilities include compliance with laws and regulations related to brokerage, property management, and the company’s trust accounts.
David’s primary focus and expertise are industrial and office property. Together with his partner Jack Hayes, he has sold or leased over 20 million square feet of space in the last 10 years and is recognized as one of this region’s leaders in commercial real estate.
He earned a Bachelor of Architecture degree and Management minor from Auburn University in 1984. David received his real estate license in 1996 and Broker’s license in 1999. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife of over 30 years and their two sons, turkey, quail, and duck hunting, and time at the beach.
Professional Associations and Designations
- Past Chairman, Columbus Board of Realtors Commercial Committee
- Past Chairman, The Carpenters Way Ranch Board of Directors
- Past Chairman, City of Columbus’ Board of Historic and Architectural Review
- Past Chairman, The Stewart Community Home Board of Directors
- Past Chairman, The River Club Executive Committee
- Past Chairman, Micah’s Promise Board of Directors
- Former Board of Trustees Member, Christ Community Church
- Former Board of Trustees Member, The Methodist Home for Children and Youth
- Former Board Member, Piedmont Columbus Regional Foundation
- Former Board Member, City of Columbus’ Planning Advisory Commission
- Advisory Board Member, Our House
- Leadership Columbus Alumni
- Registered Architect, State of Georgia
- Commercial Circle of Excellence Life Member
- CoStar Power Broker